Wednesday 21 December 2011

Green & Gold sponge gradient | Scrapbook Nails

This was my first attempt at the sponge gradient technique, and I was pretty happy with how it turned out.
I couldn't get a picture in daylight, and the flash isn't showing the colours true to how they are in real life, but you can see the gradient effect. I used a greeny/gold for the first layer to try and make the gradient transition more smooth, but it's a very translucent lacquer, so you can't see it very clearly. It probably could have done with another coat.

I used:
Base coat - No7, So Smooth
Base colour – China Glaze, Turned Up Turquoise (neon)
First gradient layer – OPI, Sit Under The Apple Tree
Second gradient layer – Nails Inc (mini), Hans Cresent
Top coat - China Glaze, Fast Forward Top Coat
I bought the sponge from Superdrug
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment