Thursday 1 March 2012

Starry Pink Friday | Scrapbook Nails

I'm not usually a baby pink polish fan, but I love this colour! It's really opaque for a creme shade, and only took two coats for full coverage. It's not streaky at all, but the formula is quite thick.

I added chunky purple stars in a diagonal line across all nails to liven it up a bit, but even on it's own this colour is beautiful.

After wearing this for a day, I mattefied my nails. The colour matte looks luuuush, it almost makes it even more girly. I also think the matte top coat helped to keep the stars on too. It's a bit thicker then your average topcoat, and as the stars aren't flat, the extra layer helped keep 'em in place!

I think this colour would make a great base for a glitter sandwich. That might just have to be done...!

I used:
Base coat - No7, So Smooth
Base colour-  OPI, Pink Friday (Nicki Minaj collection)
Top coat - China Glaze, Fast Forward Top Coat
Matte top coat (added day 2) - Topshop Nails, Matte Top Coat

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
^^ Here you can see how far the stars come off my nails. Love the 3D feel of them!

The next two photos are with the polish mattefied!
Photobucket Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. It looks great. I've found that if I can actually feel the "bling", then I keep picking it until it falls off. :D

    ReplyDelete